Bookable until 05.06.2023: Save now 20% on our return packages: Family Package, Camper Package, Return Package and Package for Two!
COVID-19 Travel Advice Sweden
The safety of our customers has our fullest attention and is always our top priority.
COVID-19 Travel Advice for Sweden
The safety of our customers has our fullest attention and is always our top priority! On this page you will find all important and necessary information regarding your crossing to Sweden and the corona regulation within Sweden.
On board of our ships we still take all the necessary precautions to prevent the spread of the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and the associated disease of COVID-19. As a safety precaution, we continue to recommend that all of our passengers wear masks in the publicly accessible areas of our ships. The 3G rules no longer apply on board of our ferries. Please consider still the applicable entry and return regulations.
In contrast to other EU countries, the Swedes follow a comparatively relaxed strategy in dealing with the coronavirus pandemic. Public life has not come to a standstill, making the overall social and economic situation more relaxed. The Swedish Government relied on the recommendations and personal responsibility from the start.
Who is generally permitted to enter Sweden?
Entry for travelers from Germany and other EU / EEA countries or Switzerland is generally allowed.
Which are the entry requirements for entering Sweden?
As of February 9 2022, there is no longer an entry ban for entry directly from an EU/EEA country or Switzerland. This means that anyone can enter Sweden without Covid-19 specific restrictions. No negative COVID-19 test, vaccination or recovered certificate needs to be presented upon entry.
The entry requirements thus revert to the rules applicable under normal circumstances regarding the requirements for a valid travel document, a possible visa and the maximum length of stay within the EU / Schengen area.
Detailed information about international travel restrictions are available on the website of the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs (UD).
What are the current recommendations regarding public life?
Due to the current development of the COVID-19 situation the following recommendations apply:
- Symptom-free persons are generally allowed to move freely around the country
- Stay home and avoid contact with others if you have symptoms that may be Covid-19
- Adults who have not been vaccinated should avoid congestion and large crowds indoors
- To protect the most vulnerable, risk-reducing measures in healthcare and elderly care should remain
- The government still asks to observe distance and hygiene rules
For further information about the current coronavirus restrictions in Sweden please visit Restrictions and prohibitions - Krisinformation.se
Which requirements do I need to consider when returning to Germany?
The return journey from Sweden is possible without any problems. When entering Germany, it is no longer necessary to carry proof of vaccination, recovery or a test. There is also no quarantine or reporting obligation.
Frequently asked questions
Where can I get tested?
So far, there is no test station in the port of Travemünde. Here you will find an overview of all test stations in Lübeck and the surrounding area.
There is no test centre in the port of Rostock so far. The nearest test centre is located in the shopping centre "Rostocker Hof" in Rostock city centre. It is possible to make an appointment online.
Galerie Rostocker Hof
1. Obergeschoss, Laden Nr. 32
Kröpeliner Str. 26-28
Monday to friday 08:00 a.m. to 04:00 p.m.
You can find detailed information here.
You have the possibility to get tested in the check-in area in the port of Klaipėda.
Therefor it’s necessary to make an appointment under https://www.testamide.lt/registracija/. Please choose the city (Miestas) Klaipėda and the place of testing (Testo atlikimo vieta) Uostas Klaipėda Minijos 180.
The test station closes one hour prior to departure.
What should I pay attention to when booking a new crossing?
- Use our Flexibility add-on for full flexibility. If you book the FLEX option, you can change or cancel your crossing up to 24 hours before departure without any fees
- For the necessary comfort we recommend booking a cabin, here you will find a suitable offer
- Book comfortable and easy online
Who can I contact if I have any questions?
- Contact our team preferably via our contact form
- For bookings within the next 72 hours, please contact us by phone at 0180 66 66 600 (German landline 20 ct./call; German mobile phone max. 60 ct./call)
- Requests are answered Monday to Friday from 08:00 a.m to 06:00 p.m. according to the date of submission.
The ferries from TT-Line operate normally despite the coronavirus outbreak!
All our ferries sail according to our sailing timetables.
Book our Flexibility add-on and plan your holiday with full flexibility and without worries! With the TT-Line Flexibility add-on, you have the opportunity to make all our tariffs even more individual. You can change and cancel your booking up to 24 hours before departure free of charge.