Port of Rostock
Boarding for Vehicles
- When you arrive at the port area, you have the option of either using our Check in counters or checking in at the port terminal. Here you will find instructions for Self-Check in.
- If you want to save some time at the Self-Check in, you can check in online beforehand. How to do that you can read here.
Click here to go directly to the Online Check in platform.
- Once you have passed the Check in, please follow the directions to your correct ferry dock.
- Your boarding pass will indicate which lane you should be in. Please stick to it.
- Boarding begins as soon as the port staff initiates it. Please follow the instructions of our crew.
- If you parked your vehicle on the ferry, take all your package with you and leave nothing unattended. During the crossing the vehicle decks are locked and not accessible!
Boarding for Foot Passengers
- Outside opening hours, please only use the Self-Check in machines.
- Please wait inside the harbour building in the designated area for the shuttle bus, which will take you to the ship in good time before depature.
- Foot passengers can only be transported for departures and arrivals between 04:00 a.m. and 01:30 a.m. in the port of Rostock.
If there are any changes, we will inform you about them at the Check in. Please pay attention to the loudspeaker announcements when the ship arrives. They will tell you which deck you can disembark from.
|Monday - Sunday||07:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.|
- With the Combi ticket you can travel comfortably from Germany to Lithuania. Here you will have a stopover in Trelleborg (except for the departure from Rostock on Friday evenings). You can find more information about the ticket here.
- Check in is in the respective terminal building in the port of departure. Here you will receive your travel documents (e.g. boarding passes and cabin keys) for your booked journey.
- Please place the cards you have received in a clearly visible place behind the windscreen of your vehicle.
- When you have to change the vessel in Trelleborg (Sweden), a vehicle will be waiting to guide you through the port to your connecting ferry.
- You can leave the port in Trelleborg during your stopover. To do so, follow the signs to the port exit. Please be back in the loading lane at least 30 minutes before your onward journey.
Self Check in at the ticket machines is not possible for this ticket variant! Travelling without vehicles are not allowed on this route.
Check in Times
The Check in for crossings from Rostock to Sweden closes 30 minutes prior to depature and with Stena Line "Mecklenburg-Vorpommern" to Sweden 60 minutes prior to depature.
Important to know:
- Generally Check in is open arround 2 hours prior to departure
- On certain departures in low season, the boarding could start at a later time
- The Check in for our group passengers closes 60 minutes prior to depature
Port of Rostock
Zum Fährterminal 1
Arriving with vehicle
Coming from the direction of Hamburg, Lübeck, Wismar, take the A 20 to the Rostock interchange. Continue on the A 19 towards Rostock-Überseehafen.
Coming from Berlin, follow the A 24 to the Wittstock/ Dosse interchange. Continue on the A 19 towards Rostock-Überseehafen.
Arriving by public transportations
Take the Deutsche Bahn AG to Rostock main station. Change to the tram 2 or 3, go to Rostock-Dierkower Kreuz and continue by bus. Take the bus line 19 or 49 to Rostock-Seehafen Fähre.
Frequently asked questions
Where can I park my vehicle?
In Rostock you have the possibility to leave your car on paid parking spaces at the harbour.
How can I pay for my booking?
You can pay your booking with PayPal, Visa Card, American Express, Master Card and Diners Club International.
Is there a possibility to eat something at the harbour?
In the Terminal, you will find the so called “Terminal Bistro”. Here you can eat breakfast and some hot meals. The "Terminal Bistro" is open from 05:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Next to it is a shop, that allows you to stock up your luggage with e.g. snacks, drinks or cosmetics, before heading into the harbor.
Are there bathrooms or showers at the harbour?
You find toilets in front of the harbour terminal.
Do I need an ID Card or a passport to check in?
When travelling with TT-Line, a valid passport or a valid National Identity Card including a picture (for EU citizens only) will have to be presented at the Check in or on board. Please note that children require a children's identity card.