Save up to 35% now! Book a return trip with our return packages and use the code: LSTMNT24

Gender equality

We promote opportunities for all genders

Gender Equality

Our dedication

One of TT-Line's main focuses is to create a positive working environment with respectful treatment for all women and men, including young people and people with disabilities. A central point, which has always been and will continue to be a priority for us, is the promotion of gender equality at TT-Line. TT-Line is committed to ensuring the full and active participation of women and providing equal opportunities for women to take on leadership roles.


Fostering talent and empowering diversity

  • Our company's success is built on the diverse talents and abilities of each individual employee. Together we form a team and are able to achieve modernization & innovation for an improvement in resource efficiency in the best possible way.
  • We actively encourage the potential of all our employees and support them in the continuous development of their skills. In this way, we create an attractive work environment in which our employees are satisfied.
  • TT-Line actively supports the participation of women in all areas of business and will continue to do so. We have made it our mission to further support and promote women in jobs on board.

Become part of our TT-Line team!

Whether on board or on shore - start your career with TT-Line!

Read more

Our goal

Men still dominate the shipping industry. Our goal is to further support and promote women in jobs on board to create gender equality. We actively encourage the potential of all our employees and provide support for their continuous development.

Gender Equality

Continuous diversity promotion:

Increasing the proportion of women in our company as a strategic goal

We attach great importance to communicating our current employee figures transparently and actively strive to achieve a gender balance. This drive comes from our strong belief in promoting a fair and balanced working environment.

Employees at TT-Line

Of the TT-Line workforce, 76% are employed on board of our 9 ships, while the remaining 24% are spread across our 6 land-based offices.


Employees on board

The representation of women on TT-Line ferries has risen to 19%, marking a 4% increase from the figures in 2021. This surpasses the global average, highlighting a significant improvement in gender diversity aboard TT-Line ferries.

According to the BIMCO/ICS Seafarer Workforce Report, only 1.2% of the 1.9 million seafarers worldwide are women, compared to 6% in Germany.


Managers on board

The number of women in management positions on board exceeds the international average. Despite a male-dominated industry, 8% of the managers on board are women, while on a worldwide average, it is only 5%.


Employees on shore

We also have a significant female presence in our onshore offices, with 58% of our workforce being female. 

This not only demonstrates our commitment to gender equality, but also the valuable contributions women make within our organization. 


Managers on shore

Our dedication is also reflected in our leadership, where 48% of our managers on shore are women. This represents an increase of 2% compared to 2021 and exceeds the average percentage of female managers in Germany, which is currently below 30%.

Our goal is to ensure that women can participate fully and have equal opportunities to take on management positions. 


Paypal Diners Club Mastercard Visa